During the week 10 of our CIU class, we were talking about fans and how having a fan base especially in creative fields is an asset for marketing yourself, your work or your brand! The dawn of technology and the virtual world have revolutionized the face of marketing. Allowing us to connect with like-minded individuals or potential clients seamlessly .
I have a page called “World days” on networks such as Instagram and Facebook, which is a platform to not only exhibit my graphic designing skills but also interact with my fans.
Though I am not an expert, with my experience and research here are a few tips for those wanting to nurture their fan base . As I believe that , without quality fans your marketing efforts can easily peter out!
- Specify your target audience
Being cognizant of your audience would help you determine their likes and what gets them ticking!
- Effectual Engagement
Experiment with multifarious forms of engagement and post your content in diverse and interesting ways. Moreover, identify which types are the most effective.
- Be tangible
“Give your page a human touch”(Kissmetrics,2017). Connect with your followers on a personal level, by reflecting different shades of your personality. Test out the Pareto principle or 80/20 rule. Focus 80% posts on your work and 20% to spice things up by sharing you hobbies or experiences; heightening your fans’ affinity and closeness towards you.
- Become a powerhouse of content
Ensure that your posts enlighten, inspire and delight your fans to keep them wanting more.
- Spotlight your fans
Encourage fans to communicate with one another. Create contests such as “fan of the week” or give their pages a “shout out “, to elevate their experiences (Social Media Manager, 2011).
It is said that “on average, Facebook fans were 41% more likely to recommend a product than their non-fan counterparts”(Uversity,2013).
Therefore, in todays times having a loyal and burgeoning fan base is integral as it broadens horizons and cultivates new opportunities for your career. So follow these tips and get going!
Links & References:
- Understanding the Pareto Principle (The 80/20 Rule). (n.d.). Retrieved April 10, 2017, from https://betterexplained.com/articles/understanding-the-pareto-principle-the-8020-rule/
- 9 Facebook Marketing Strategies to Build Super Fans : Social Media Examiner. (n.d.). Retrieved April 10, 2017, from http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/9-facebook-marketing-strategies-to-build-super-fans/
- 6 Visual Apps for Creating Social Media Content : Social … (n.d.). Retrieved April 10, 2017, from http://www.bing.com/cr?IG=F8744E62A6F94684BD3A33B4DF2374AD&CID=29F6E85A868D61E82557E23A871D608E&rd=1&h=Xk8mn5IhSWqfNU__h3w02uIdfNngZJYssZaGV56iY3s&v=1&r=http%3a%2f%2fwww.socialmediaexaminer.com%2f6-visual-apps-for-creating-social-media-content%2f&p=DevEx,5062.1
- Scoullar, J. (2014, October 08). Jessie Scoullar: Which is the best direct-to-fan platform? Retrieved April 10, 2017, from https://blog.midem.com/2014/10/jessie-scoullar-direct-to-fan/
- National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) Home Page, a part of the U.S. Department of Education. (n.d.). Retrieved April 10, 2017, from http://nces.ed.gov/